I use this salt bar on my skin in the following ways: on my face, on my hands, as a deodorant on my underarms, and on my scalp. Salt has natural anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties, and has long been used for the treatment of skin and body (think saline solutions for cleaning wounds, or epsom salt baths for soothing aching muscles!) To read more about how and why I use salt on my skin in more detail with explanations and tips, please read my blog post: “Why I use salt on my skin“.
But just in case you don’t get around to reading it in time, here are some important tips:
- Do not rub salt bar directly onto delicate skin as it can be abrasive
- Gently rub/pat onto wet hands and then apply to face, armpits, hairline, rest of body
- You can sand it with sandpaper to make it smooth again
- Make sure it can drain and dry properly as it will dissolve quickly in water
- It may be effective as a natural deodorant